Friday, May 29, 2009

A Little Helping of Focus

About a week ago I sat outside in the sun after an energizing and clarifying workout to think about the summer. To think about what I really wanted to accomplish. While I hoped to be in school (or closer to it), it is not the reality. The reality is that my kitchen does need to become my classroom and instead of only wanting it to be so, I need to go about making it that way.

Fast forward a week later and there wasn't much of focus to go with my helping of wanting. And that needed to change.

All I want to report on, for now, is a little purchase that has made a world of difference. I walked into Target, grabbed a cheap (and durable) 3-ring binder and some top loading sheet protectors. Later in my apartment, after my brownies were cooling, I took some of my most man-handled recipes (the stains and tears to prove it) and organized and placed them in their protective sheets. And I flipped through the beginnings of what will be my very first personal cookbook and my very first personal workbook.

Tomorrow I go about gathering some other recipes I use constantly. I'll type them onto new sheets with my notes and personal reflections of what worked (or didn't), print, and insert. Later I'll grab my technique books and articles I have clipped and saved, copy and scan, or type and print, or cut and tear, and those too will make themselves a new home in my binder.

I'm smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment