Thursday, May 7, 2009

Coffee for One

I don't make coffee all too often in my apartment. It's a reminder that I am enjoying a meal alone. Something I relish at times but at others it smarts. Especially after a day spent with friends and loved ones or remembering the evening prior when a meal was shared with friends who enjoy food and the varied creations as much as I do.

But every so often I will pull out the grinder, the whole beans, I'll put the water in the kettle, take out the coffee mug, the spoon, wash all the parts of my cute little french press, reassemble, and wait for the whistle to tempt me to caffeine and the promises of the relaxing moments to come.

The relaxation this evening joined by a grilled gouda and fontina cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread with smoked turkey and spiced with some hot mustard.

The coffee is finished. The remains of the sandwich still being wiped from the corners of my smiling lips.

My assignment tonight is simple (after I avoided the intoxicating power of "How To Pick a Peach"): write a blog, or two, disconnect from Facebook, do some dishes (maybe), read an article, and then really plan out how to turn my kitchen into a classroom.


No comments:

Post a Comment