Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Breakfast This Morning

An early morning this morning. I woke up feeling I was running late and had slept through my alarm (partly because I was sleeping on my alarm). Instead it was a full hour before the alarm was set to go off. I could have gone back to sleep but instead I rolled out the yoga mat, stretched and saluted the sun a few times, and then set myself to the kitchen for breakfast.

Breakfast this morning was the last of the leftover waffles from Monday morning. Keith loves my waffles. I love my waffles. And I can whip them up and together in the time it takes for the coffee to brew. The problem is always that the batter produces anywhere from 5-6 waffles. Did I say problem? How can that be a problem? It isn't. Not only is there enough breakfast for us on whatever morning I make them, but I then have breakfast for another couple of days. I think the waffles actually even get better after a couple of days. Doused with maple syrup and dotted with blackberry jam, I couldn't be happier (that was breakfast yesterday morning). This morning was simple with maple syrup and some chicken sausage because yesterday morning I began to believe that perhaps there was a massive whole in my stomach from which all food was escaping; how else to explain how I was hungry not even two hours after eating a waffle (a large one at that). With no real protein in my diet yesterday I figured a remedy was in order this morning.

As I was reheating, cooking, and pouring a glass of orange juice, I went back to thinking about a picture a friend sent me the other day. The picture was taken possibly no more than three years and sixty plus pounds ago. That lone picture coupled with the sight of my current one (the one used as my profile picture here) got the wheels turning and there are so many thoughts flowing about capturing my journey with food. How I went from a fattie to a foodie. That will be a to be continued.

For now, I look forward to the rest of today, which includes one of the last of the frozen muffins I made with the raspberry peach champagne jam. Tomorrow brings some sort of kitchen adventure. Perhaps even tonight I'll make the cookies my brother adores so much. There is a lot to look forward to. Good morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment