Monday, July 20, 2009

Another Hour

Another hour of an already long string of hours of this day spent in front of a computer. It is no wonder my eyes have gone batty and I need eyeglasses to see down just one tiny little New York City block. This evening spent in front of the computer playing around yet again with the template of this blog. Playing with what is available until I can either enlist someone to create the site I want or until I take the time to teach myself html so I can do it myself. But time spent with html means time away from my kitchen. And time spent customizing the little things like text size and visited link colors also keeps me away from the kitchen.

But earlier this evening there was a break from the mundane and 90 minutes spent in the world of baking. Granted that world was in the words of another and the most amount of work I did was moving my pen under words and lines that I wanted to remember, jot down, and utilize at a later date.

Another batch of bread was made the other morning. Along with four loaves of pumpkin walnut quick bread and an experiment of challah twists that were heaving with cinnamon and plump dumped with density. Not inedible but definitely something to continue to work on. The quick bread was a success. Snacked on our first morning camping. Set over our first camp fire with our first cup of coffee. Snacked on while waiting for the water to boil and the grounds to then sink in.

Sweets call to me now. Sweets always call to me. A cake. Perhaps a cookie or two. Perhaps that summer pie I keep dreaming of making but haven't yet. Perhaps a cheesecake. Perhaps that s'more pie I rolled around the insides of my gooey mouth while sitting beside our last camp fire of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment