Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Orange Walnut Cake

An orange walnut cake sits on my counter cooling. A recipe found among the pages of a magazine. Instead of olive oil, safflower oil. Instead of orange zest (no oranges), a little more orange juice. Instead of a standard 8 inch cake pan, a mistaken grasp for an almost 10-inch springform. The cake is flatter than the plump looking confectionary delight that first caught my attention.

Truth be told, I didn't really pay attention to what I put in it or how it came together. I combined the ingredients, mixed until moistened and spread into an oiled and flowered pan. Set the oven to the desired temperature. Waiting the appropriate time.

Waiting now to take that first taste.

RESULT: Somewhat success. It could have used less time in the oven (the crust is a little on the brown side). The taste is pretty spot on for my personal taste (though I am really missing the zing I would have gotten with the orange zest). The crumb is nice and moist. All in all not a bad attempt at the cake. Will try again soon. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment